Boosting sustainability in economic sectors
The Barcelona Sustainability Economy Roadmap 2030 aims to facilitate the ecological transition through support for economic sectors to generate innovative solutions and capitalise on new business opportunities. The idea is to make the city a leader with the creation of useful tools, coordinated with public and private stakeholders with an impact in the whole of the metropolitan region.
The roadmap has six key sectors for helping companies in the transformation of the city’s production model towards a more sustainable yet competitive one:
- Construction and Infrastructures
- Mobility and Transport
- Commerce, Consumption and Food
The goals for the roadmap are to:
- Support companies in their transformation towards a more sustainable production model.
- Foster and accelerate new entrepreneurial initiatives and innovative new business models.
- Facilitate the exploitation of new business opportunities for the city’s small economy.
- Identify new employment and professional development opportunities.
- Ease and lift administrative and cultural red tape which hampers the drive for a transformational and more sustainable economy.
- Position Barcelona as a leading international city in the transformation of its economic and production network, fostering the creation of jobs and facilitating the ecological transition.
Under the coordination of Barcelona Activa, the roadmap will mean working with the economic network, strengthening international positioning, defining a common strategy and designing an efficient governance tool which builds on existing synergies.
The new roadmap corresponds to the area of sustainability in the Barcelona Green Deal, Barcelona’s economic agenda for 2030, and is in line with the Sustainable Development Goals.
Barcelona is currently the fourteenth most sustainable city in Europe. It has over 56,000 jobs linked to the green economy, with 1,800 organisations belonging to the “Barcelona +Sostenible” network.